Getting You Back to Business: A BPO Primer
The goal of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is to prompt focus on the core value of your business. Saving time, lowering costs, and remaining knowledgeable and flexible during periods of change and necessity is vital. Industries such as healthcare, accounting, retail, banking, automotive, utilities, and oil and gas are engaging in BPO – and it is proving to accomplish exactly what it sets out to.
Roles to Outsource
BPO involves methodologies that businesses adopt to implement changes and improvements within a certain process or service. In a BPO relationship, an external partner is delegated a designated process or service to maintain, manage, and operate on behalf of the company.
BPO is considered for both back office and front office processes and facilitates working together seamlessly. The back-office, or employee-facing areas include roles within Accounts Payable and Receivable, Human Resources, Information Technology, Quality Assurance, Inventory, and Payroll. The front office roles envelop the external, customer-facing roles including Sales, Marketing, Help Desk support, Customer Service, and call centers.
In addition to types of services, there are also three designations of BPO providers: offshore, onshore, and nearshore.
- An offshore outsourcer is a provider who lives in a country different and removed from the one that houses your company.
- A nearshore provider is in an adjoining country, much like the US is to Canada.
- Onshore, or domestic sourcing, involves a partnership with a company in the same country as the business entity.
Each of the designations offers perks. Those located offshore may have the lowest costs whereas nearshore allows for better communication and ease of relations and implementation. Onshore is normally the easiest option from an operational level.
Change is a Good Thing
Outsourcing your business processes adds value in several ways. Visible ’low hanging fruit’ includes the decreased need for physical space for both personnel and equipment, leading to money saved on wages, capital expenditures, and everyday expenses. Expert knowledge with access to resources gives you cutting-edge deliverables from providers who perform that function or process as their core business. The flexibility to reallocate the redistributed roles and resources to the core needs of your business is a direct result of outsourcing.
Regarding convenience, partnership availability runs across multiple time zones and is available 24/7/365. Metric reporting is an underlying benefit of business process outsourcing that supports your operations with reports and results along with suggestions for sustainment and continuous improvement.
Going Beyond BPO
Over the past five years, Business Process Outsourcing has grown larger and more expansive. Offering partners who deliver extended knowledge and sophisticated business practice methods, professional and technical BPO-type services are at-the-ready, and include sectors such as:
- Information Technology-Enabled Services (ITES) BPO
- Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)
- Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO)
- Research Process Outsourcing (RPO)
- Travel BPO
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Business Transforming Outsourcing (BTO) – Consulting Services
And, to preserve safety, fluidity and flexibility, BPOs are utilizing cloud services, social media, and other such venues for their platforms and mediums. Maintaining prevalence and diligence while providing knowledge and expertise, a BPO partnership alleviates the residual, allowing businesses to redirect and focus.
Cayuse as Your Outsourcing Partner
The use of business process services and commodities is a large and growing trend, leading to additional opportunities for partners in outsourcing. Industry insiders contend that over the next decade, the use of BPO and commodity outsourcing will be a key component to the successful delivery of more efficient, flexible, and cost-effective services. Outsourcing lends itself to increased productivity and accelerated business growth.
Finding value and comfort in your BPO partnership is pivotal. Cayuse offers a combination of proven tenure and success in implementing BPO solutions. For example:
- We offer guidance in determining the most productive areas for outsourcing within your company, with respect to your core business. We focus on providing solutions for appropriately deemed ‘outside’ services.
- We engage in a solid working relationship. Your workforce is important to us, too. We value them for their contribution and knowledge. Keeping productivity high involves truth, support, and empowerment overall.
- We provide expertise and diligence in solutions that reach your business goals and directives, while respecting cost ratios and bottom-line expenditures.
For more information on how Cayuse serves as a valuable business resource and partner, reference our case study that discusses the implementation of a successful rebate program.